Monday, February 10, 2020

Advocate for people


S - Scripture
1 Timothy 2 v. 1  First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving be made for all men.

O - Observation
Advocacy for everyone. It is our calling to be advocates for each other. We are to focus our prayer life, our thoughts on the encouragement, correction, uplifting of one another. We need to shift from me to we. But, how do we become an effective advocate? We need to get beyond the surface of knowing someone and get to know what they are about. What are their struggles? What are their triumphs? Think about advocates, they are always pleading your case, both in front of you (when you are aware) and when your not in the room (when you are NOT aware.) But, they are always pulling for you.

A - Application
Who am I advocating for? How big is my circle of advocacy?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me the strength and wisdom and dedication to advocate for the people of my life.  Love Will.

Photo by Helena Lopes on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment