Saturday, February 22, 2020

Practice what you preach


S - Scripture
1 Timothy 4 v. 16 Take heed to yourself and to your teaching: hold to that, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

O - Observation
Practice what we preach. We can't just be about words. They only go so far. The litmus test is how are you living according to those words. Do we live a life like this? (Do as I say but NOT as I do!)
Hopefully not!!! So many people watch us. We make an impact on people and we don't even know it. Jesus reminds us of the importance of this in Matthew 5 v.12a, "You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored?" Salt is used for preserving . We must live to preserve ourselves and others.

A - Application
Am I practicing what I preach? Am I living my life as a Christian?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to live the instructions you give me.   Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment