Friday, February 28, 2020

Contentment


S - Scripture
1 Timothy 6 v. 6-7 Their is great gain in godliness with contentment; for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.

O - Observation
Live with joy and peace. I think the KEY words of this section is "godliness WITH contentment." What's the value of being godly if your life doesn't reflect the contentment of being godly? Life like
that can be only 1 of 2 things. 1) A person is following after the wrong god. Jesus is the only true God. Or... 2) A person does not fully believe what he says he does. Living a Godly life with contentment is a learned trait. Philippians 4 v. 11-12a, "Not that I complain of want; for I have LEARNED, in what ever state I am to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound: in any and all circumstances, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want."

A - Application
Am I applying contentment along with my walk with Jesus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be content in all situations.   Love Will.

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment