Saturday, February 1, 2020

How you should be known


S - Scripture
1 Timothy 1 v. 2  To Timothy, my true child in faith: grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

O - Observation
Quite the introduction! First, I wonder how Timothy liked being called a child. But, as I think of it,
child is the best way to describe a believer's position. The disciples asked Jesus who was the Greatest in Heaven. Jesus response was to grab a child, plop him on his lap and say, (Matthew 18 v. 3), "Truly I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven." And later on in Matthew 19 v. 14, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of Heaven." A child implies - its still developing, (a lot like my faith.) Jesus again encourages us in Matthew 17 v. 20, "If you have faith of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain move from here to there and it will move, and nothing will be impossible to you."

A - Application
Am I a child of faith?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for calling me your child. Love Will.

Photo by Karl Fredrickson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment