Thursday, April 7, 2022

Confession - Do it!

S - Scripture
Proverbs 28 v. 13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

O - Observation
Confession. Probably the single most hardest thing to do. But confession, although painful can be liberating. The first person we must confess to is God. Hebrews 4 v. 16, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in the time of need." Confessing our sins to God, since he is loving, he will give us grace and forgiveness. Then we need to find a friend, someone we can trust, to confess our sins to. This will be healing as well. James 5 v. 16, "Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects."  Confession = Mercy = Forsake = Freedom.

A - Application
Am I a confessing my sins to God and to a friend?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Forgive me of my sins. Help me to find strong Christians to confess my sins to.  Love Will.









Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment