Saturday, April 2, 2022

Waiting for God

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel





S - Scripture:
Psalm 62:1-2 - For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

O - Observation:
For the last month I've been studying Psalms. I've read them several times before but never took the time to try to digest them, to try to think about them as the author must have been thinking when he wrote them.  David is listed as the author of this Psalm, although all were inspired by God as is every word of scripture.  This is one of my new found favorites because it is such a concise statement of absolute faith in God.  The Psalmist is willing to wait for He knows God alone is his salvation and fortress, come what may, he will not be greatly shaken.  These are perfect verses to remember in these uncertain times.

A - Application:
While I'm fortunate right now not to be under any great duress, I have been on several occasions during my life.  How hard it is sometimes to wait for God, and yet wait we must.  He holds us all in His perfect timing, including the length of our days, Psalm 139:16.  In Isaiah 40:31 "But they who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Waiting on the Lord is kind of like Psalm 60:10.  Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted in the earth.  God will have His way in His time and according to His perfect will.  We should not worry nor fret, He is our rock and our salvation!

P - Prayer:
Heavenly Father, You are the God of our salvation, the author of our salvation through Jesus, You know our needs better than we do, Lord You are our Rock in the tempests of life.  For as the Psalmist says, "You are my fortress, I shall not be greatly shaken."  We place our trust in You alone, and Wait patiently for your timing in all things.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment