Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Consider what you say about people

S - Scripture
Proverbs 30 v. 10  Do not slander a servant to his master, lease he curse you, and you be held guilty.

O - Observation
Destruction. Slander gets you no where. It can only harm you. This Proverb shows the end game of Slander and how a person loses on all fronts.  First) The person being slandered will hate you. Will curse you. Our approach to this person should be as directed in 1 Peter 4 v. 8-9, "Above all hold unfailing your love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins. Practice hospitality ungrudgingly to one another." Second) The person that you stated to slander to (the master) will realize what you say may not be true, or hold your approach despicable, thus holding you guilty. So instead of pointing out the wrong, we should follow 1 Timothy 2 v. 1, "First of all, then, I urge supplications, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all men."

A - Application
What is my approach to people? Am I harming myself?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to love one another. Help me to pray for everybody.  Love Will.







Photo by Ben White on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment