Saturday, April 2, 2022

Keep your eye on the prize

S - Scripture
Proverbs 27 v. 18  He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who guards his master will be honored.

O - Observation
Perseverance. Doing the right thing even when there is no obvious immediate results.  Its the long term commitment that yields great rewards. This is especially applicable in our walk with Jesus. 2 Timothy 4 v. 7-8a, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness." Therein lies why we should be motivated for perseverance, the end results. Eating of the fruit, honor from the master. 1 Corinthians 9 v. 24b - 25, "So run that you may obtain it (the prize). Every athlete exercise control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable."

A - Application
Am I keeping my eye on what the end results will be? Does that keep me motivated to persevere?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to stay the course in my walk with you. Love Will.


Photo by Joshua Hoehne on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment