Saturday, October 29, 2022

My Heart Leaps for Joy!

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. MY HEART LEAPS FOR JOY, and with my song I praise Him.


O - OBSERVATION: This is one of David’s Psalms, it’s interesting how desperately he needs God to intervene in his circumstances, and then after he talks through how lost he is and without God’s help he will go down into the pit. And then, because of his faith and trust in God, he knows God will deliver him and in the same Psalm he praises God for being the salvation of the people and he is so happy his heart leaps for joy!

A - APPLICATION: It seems to me this is exactly how we are today without Jesus. The world bears down on us with all kinds of evil and threatens to sink us in the mire, but thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our dear Lord Jesus Christ 1 Corinthians 15:55-57. We need
only to sincerely pray to Him and repent and before we know it our hearts too will leap for joy and gratitude to our our Heavenly Father as we simultaneously trust Him and give thanks to Him. Without trust, there will be little thanksgiving. Let’s ask God than to grow our faith.

P - PRAYER: Heavenly Father, send Your Spirit among us so that we may grow in faith, love, and trust of You. May we trust You Lord to the extent that out heart’s will leap for joy. In Jesus Name, Amen

Photo by Peter Conlan on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment