Monday, October 17, 2022

We are Part of the New Covenant

Event: The Council at Jerusalem 



S - Scripture
Acts 15 v. 5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to charge them to keep the law of Moses."

O – Observation
Opposition to the New Covenant. That's the reality of those who believe in Jesus. We live by a new Covenant, a covenant that was prophesied. Jeremiah 31 v. 31a, "Behold the days are coming says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant." This covenant will not be based upon what we do as the Old Testament was, Instead, Jeremiah 31 v.33. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, I will write it upon their hearts: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." This new covenant is based on faith. It is not earned. Which is counter cultural to how the world thinks.

A - Application
Do I realize that I am a part of an New Covenant with God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for your new covenant. Love Will

Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash



No comments:

Post a Comment