Friday, October 28, 2022

We need to be adaptable!

Event: Timothy joins Paul and Silas when in Lystra 



S - Scripture
Acts 16 v. 3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews that were in those places, for they knew that his father was a Greek.

O – Observation
Adapting to be effective. Speaking from a guy's perspective, this was the ultimate adaption. As we go to places to share the Good news we need to adapt to the people we relate to. The MESSAGE STAYS THE SAME. It's the delivery that changes. Paul understood this when he said in 1 Corinthians 9 v. 19b, 20a, 21a, 22, "I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more, to the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win the Jews. To those outside the law (Gentiles) I became as one outside the law, to the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. " Adapting to the environment makes for effective sharing.

A - Application
Am I able to adapt to the different groups I interact with?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be like Paul, to be adaptive for you. Love Will

Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment