Thursday, October 27, 2022

There will be conflict

Event: Disagreement between Paul and Barnabus 


S - Scripture
Acts 15 v. 39-40 And there rose a sharp contention, so that they separated from each other; Barnabus took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus, but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of the Lord.

O – Observation
Conflict in the ranks. What happened here always confuses me. Paul and Barnabus, traveled together, experienced much together. They were like the one-two punch of spreading the Gospel. Yet, conflict, dissension, SHARP contention. All over who to take on a trip. Barnabus wanted to take Mark Paul did not, since Mark backed out of them in Pamphylia. As I hear it sometimes, the issue is not really the issue. I guess, I'll never know, but this much I do know: 1) We never hear Barnabus name again. 2) God desires unity. Colossians 3 v. 14, "And above all these put on love which binds everything together in perfect harmony."

A - Application
How am I dealing with Conflict in the Ranks?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Bind us all in perfect Harmony with you. Love Will

Photo by jean wimmerlin on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment