Saturday, October 8, 2022

My Redeemer Lives

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE:Job 19:25-27 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see Him, with my own eyes- I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!


O - OBSERVATION: Job in the midst of his despair at the calamities God allowed the devil to visit upon him is supposedly being comforted by friends, who actually accuse Job of wrongdoing 
as the reason for all his suffering. Then Job answers with these beautiful and prophetic verses, ones which are the basis for  the beautiful hymn, “I Know that my Redeemer Lives!” What an example Job sets in this book, nothing, not even his wife telling him to “curse God and die” can make him sin by doing the very thing she suggests.

A - APPLICATION: Job’s example should be our example when we are persecuted for our faith. We belong to God, nothing can take that away from us, we are His Redeemed children, He ransomed us by His death on the cross of Calvary! If we ever suffer for our faith, stay strong like Job, remember what we have to look forward to, even though “skin worms shall destroy my body, yet in my flesh shall I see God, and mine own eyes shall behold Him and not another.” That’s our hope our comfort and God’s sure promise to His children. No wonder Job closes with the words; “ How my heart yearns within me!” He can’t wait for that promise to be fulfilled!

P - PRAYER: Gracious Father, remind us all that no matter what happens on this earth, You have our eternity planned! Thank You Jesus! In His Name, Amen

Photo by Ronak Valobobhai on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment