Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Remember - We are parts of the Body!!!

Event: The Council at Jerusalem – Peter’s comments 

S - Scripture
Acts 15 v. 7 And after there had been much debate, Peter rose and said to them, "You know that in the early days, God made choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the Gospel and believe.”

O – Observation
Many parts of the body. That's what this verse remind me. For the past several chapters, it has been all about Paul and Barnabus, but now back in Jerusalem, and the debate is about circumcision, Peter speaks up. Peter gives a great commentary which resolves this issue. Paul did not have to do this. In this case, Paul complemented Peter. 1 Corinthians 12 v 12, 18, "For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body though are many, are one body, so it is with Christ. But as it is, God arranges the organs in the body, each one of them as he chooses. " Peter and Paul are a part of the body of Christ. Each one of them played a role. Each one of them complements the other.

A - Application
Do I realize that I am a part of the body of Christ? How am I complementing the other parts?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thanks for making me a part of the body. Help me to make it a strong body. Love Will

Photo by Sincerely Media on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment