Thursday, March 12, 2020

Do not be ashamed of the name of Jesus


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 1 v. 12b But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day which has been entrusted to me.

O - Observation
There is nothing to be ashamed of! Knowing that Jesus is my Lord and Savior is NOT embarrassing. It is controversial. The name Jesus is a divisive name. 1 Corinthians 1 v. 22-23, "For Jews demand  signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles." Saying that Jesus is God and is your God will cause some people to think your different. Old fashioned. Not up with the times. But Paul gives us the best quote in Romans 1 v. 16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel: It is the Power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

A - Application
Am I ashamed to say Jesus name in Public?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Take away any hesitation in my life to proclaim you.  Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment