Monday, March 23, 2020

Present Yourself!


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 2 v. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

O - Observation
Your best foot forward.
This verse encourages us to present ourselves to God. We don't need to run or hide from him. But, how do we present ourselves to God? The key word is "workman". A laborer, one who takes directions, one who is not the boss. I think about my professional life, as long as people are focused on their duties and trying their best, I know that there is nothing to be ashamed of, even if there are mistakes along the way. Hey, we're not perfect. So it must be with us as we handle the truth. It results in Hebrews 4 v. 16, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the Throne of Grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace in the time of need."

A - Application
How am I presenting myself to God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be a great workman handling the truth.  Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment