Thursday, March 5, 2020

Share your blessings!!!


S - Scripture
1 Timothy 6 v. 18-19 They (the Rich) are to do good, to be rich in good deeds, liberal and generous, thus laying up for themselves a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of the life which is life indeed. 

O - Observation
Share your blessings. This section of the Bible gives instruction for the Rich people. I don't think this is just reserved for the Wealthy, the millionaires and bazillionares. For most of us, there are people who are worse off than us. What are we to do? Notice the first thing was not give money, but deeds. I
wonder if that is intentional. Probably so. Its easy to cut a check for this or that, as long as I don't have to get my hands dirty or involved. Getting involved, gets your hands dirty, gets one to appreciate their situation, perhaps inspires one to be generous. Acts 20 v. 35b, "Remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive."

A - Application
How well am I sharing my blessings? Is it in deeds and money?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for my station in life. Help me to be generous.  Love Will.

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment