Saturday, March 7, 2020

Your role is generational


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 1 v. 5  I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your Grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you.

O - Observation
Generations. This verse points out to me how important our role is. We shape up to two or more future generations in what we choose to do. 3 John 1 v. 4, "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth." Think of the joy Lois had in this passage. She must of followed the advice of Solomon in Proverbs 22 v. 6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." What is the best gift I can give my grandchildren? (I'm not even close!) Its to train, teach, and pray that my existing children love Jesus with all their heart, soul and mind. My role of a parent is generational.

A - Application
How well am I training my children?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Don't let my children wander from the training they have received.   Love Will.

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment