Wednesday, March 11, 2020

We have a Holy calling


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 1 v. 9  Who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not in virtue of our works, but in virtue of his own purpose and the grace which he gave us in Christ Jesus ages ago.

O - Observation
We have a holy calling. Those who believe that Jesus is their Savior, who trust in him, have a set purpose or calling. Jesus laid it out for us in Matthew 28 v. 19a, 20a, " Go therefore and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. " This is our
purpose. This is the work that we have to do. We can't do it alone. My skills, my personality, may not seem to fit to well with this calling. But, if we work together with fellow Christians, playing off of each others strengths, then things are much more doable. 1 Corinthians 12 v. 12, "For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the member of the body, thought are many, are one body. So it is with Christ."

A - Application
Have I considered how I fit in, my role in Jesus holy calling?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Motivate me to do your will. Use me as you see fit.  Love Will.


No comments:

Post a Comment