Saturday, March 14, 2020

Live a hospitable life


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 1 v. 16  May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphours, for he often refreshed me; he was not ashamed of my chains. 


O - Observation
Hospitality. Webster defines hospitality as friendly and generous treatment of guests. This is a great trait to have. It is a mindset that is worthy to strive to achieve. But it takes sacrifice, it takes putting others before you. It takes listening and acting on what a person's needs are. This is especially true when we help fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Galatians 6 v. 9-10, "And let us not grow wearing in well doing; for it due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." This is a great description of Oneiphours. What a great role model.

A - Application
Am I living a hospitable life? How do I handle it when I grow weary of hospitality?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be like Oneiphours.  Love Will.

Photo by photorbi on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment