Friday, March 27, 2020

We are to be skilled teachers


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 2 v. 24-25a  And the Lords servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to everyone an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness.
 
O - Observation
We are to be skilled teachers. I think of the best teachers that I have ever had. What made them so great? 1) They were passionate about the subject. 2) They were patient with me, both in learning and (gasp) when I was fooling around. 3) They encouraged me, saw more in me than I did. So, we are called to be teachers. Matthew 28 v. 19a, 20b, "Go therefore.. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."  We need to model those traits when we interact with the people of the world and with the people we know.
 
A - Application
How is my teaching skills? Do I have anyone to teach?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be an excellent teacher for you. Send many people my way to hear what you have to say.  Love Will.

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment