Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Accept God's Discipline

S - Scripture     

Proverbs 3 v. 11-12  My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him who he loves.

 

O - Observation

Discipline. Ouch!!! Its such a hard word. By nature we don't like it when we are getting disciplined. Its not fun!!! It hurts.


But discipline given in love is a huge blessing. It is used to guide us, point us, lead us in a safe direction. Later on in Proverbs there are two proverbs that relate to this. Proverbs 27 v. 17; "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." and Proverbs 27 v.21; "The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for Gold." The key thing to know is a loving God will discipline us. But much as my Dad disciplined me, to which I'm now thankful for. Arrrggg!!! I hate it when my Dad is right!!! (Foolish Pride) So it is with God after the period of discipline, we can see and appreciate its purpose.

 

 

A - Application  

Am I resisting God's discipline on me, or am I looking to see what he has for me?    

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Thanks for disciplining me. Bless me so that I can see your ways. Love Will.  

Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment