Saturday, October 16, 2021

Know who to Honor

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 5 v. 9  Least you give honor to others and your years to the merciless.  

O - Observation

Giving. Everyone gives. Not necessarily money, but time, thoughts, talents. We all give. This verse in Proverbs is warning us, instructing us on to be careful with what we invest in. What does God want us to Honor? John 5 v. 23; "That all may honor the Son (Jesus) even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not Honor the Father who sent him." So that's obvious we need to give our Honor to God. But what about people? Exodus 20 v. 12; "Honor your Father and Mother" and Philippians 2 v. 29; "So receive him in the Lord with joy, honor such men." These are the people that share the Good news. They live their lives for Jesus. Philippians 1 v. 20 is the encouragement for me. "It is my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be at all ashamed, But that with full courage now and always, Christ will be honored in my body, whether in life or death."

 

A - Application 
What am I giving honor to?  

P - Prayer     
Jesus, Help me to Honor you in all that I do.  Love Will. 

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment