Monday, October 25, 2021

Think about the essence of who you are

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 7 v. 1 & 3  My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandme
nts with you, bind them on your fingers, write them on the tablet of you heart. 


O - Observation

Essence. These verses remind me that God's word must be the essence of my life. Already in Chapter 7, and we have been reminded a bazillion times to treasure and keep God's commandments. You would think once or twice is enough. No. Obviously not. What we're seeing is essence. The way the writer of Proverbs is, these commands just flow out, because they have been written on the tablet of his heart. And, as has been said before, "Where your treasure is so will be your heart."  Think about binding the word on your fingers. I'd challenge anyone to go a day without using your fingers. It would be tough. Your fingers go everywhere, touch everything. It's one of the sensory functions of essence. Which would make sense to have God's word bonded to them.

 

A - Application 

What is my essence? Is it God centered?  


P - Prayer     
Jesus, Be my center, by my lif
e, be my essence. Love Will

Photo by Luis Quintero on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment