Thursday, October 21, 2021

Know what to Boast about

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 6 v. 16-17  There are six thi
ngs which the Lord hates, seven which are an abomination to him, haughty eyes, a lying tongue and hands that shed innocent blood.   


O - Observation

Pride. When God lays out the things that he hates, Pride is the first thing on the list. Haughty eyes. What did Satan in? His pride. When we become prideful we take our eyes off of God and focus them on us. The 1st Commandment says, Exodus 20 v. 3; "You shall have NO other Gods before me." Self pride pushes God aside, takes God out of the picture. What to do when pride seeps in? When we feel like boasting? 2 Corinthians 10 v. 17; "Let him who Boasts, boast in the Lord." If God hates self pride, those who love themselves then conversely he must love those who love him. He loves those who put him first in their lives.

 

A - Application 
What am I proud about? Am I impressed with my own accomplishments or the accomplishments of God? Do I realize that God is the source of my accomplishments?   

P - Prayer     

Jesus, Help me to Boast about you. Keep me humble.  Love Will.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment