Friday, October 29, 2021

Don't let the Thief in your house!

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 7 v. 22  All at once he follows her, as an Ox goes to the slaughter... as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life.  


O - Observation

Seasons. This verse reminds me of what my pastor always says, "sin is good for a season'. Its so true. While doing a sin, its very pleasurable, its very "me" focused. Its great for a while, but then, you gotta pay the piper. After that period of enjoyment will be a season of suffering. I've seen the impact of drinking and drugs in peoples lives. I've seen the impact of sleeping around (both before and after) in people's lives. I've seen the impact of revenge and how it consumes people's lives. Its EXTREMELY messy. It harms everyone in the path. It will happen. Satan has a plan for us. Jesus tells us in John 10 v. 10a; "The thief (Satan) comes only to steal, and kill and destroy."

 


A - Application 

Do I recognize the seasons in my life? Is there a thief in my house?   


P - Prayer     
Jesus, Protect me from the thief. Help me to look long term vs. short term. Love Will


Image by TheDigitalWay from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment