Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Choose the right Windows to look through

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 7 v. 6-7a  For out the window of my house, I have look out through my lattice, and I have seen among the simple.  


O - Observation

Windows. Back in the old days, people could look out of windows and see what's going on. Today we look out of windows (and macs) with our computers and TV's.  It shows us much.  The eye is a major throughput into our hearts. Matthew 6 v. 22 instructs us, "The eye is the lamp of your body. So if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light." So how do we make sound eyes? Psalm 19 v. 8b; "The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes." Its where we look, Psalm 121 v. 1; "I lift my eyes to the hills, From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made Heaven and Earth."  No, what the media promises via TV or web pages can't deliver what we need. We really need to spend time  to look thru the window of God, the Bible.

  A - Application 

What windows am I looking thru? Are they sound?  


P - Prayer     
Jesus, Give me a discerni
ng eye. Help me to choose the right windows to look out. Love Will. 


Photo by Bethany Laird on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment