Thursday, October 14, 2021

Watch out for Life's Stumbling Blocks

S - Scripture    
Proverbs 4 v. 26  Take heed to the path of your feet, then all your ways will be sure. 

O - Observation

So simple - So true!! This verse reminds me of hiking in Colorado. Its not like waking on a sidewalk or even the Katy trail, but instead you have to step over roots, or rocks and watch out for an occasional horse poop. The path, the end point is always glorious. Some lake or pond, or a mountain top. But there are things that can get in the way. So it is with our walk with Jesus. Our intentions, our goal may be clear, "Hanging with Jesus", but along the way, life, Satan, or our own sinful flesh, temptations will get in the way.  We need to be aware of these traps and avoid them. The best way to help us on our path is a relationship with God. This is done through daily readings of the Bible and prayer.


A - Application 
Am I aware of the stumbling blocks in my path? Am I stepping around or over them? 

P - Prayer     
Jesus, Help me to not only keep my eye on the Prize, but also on the day in and day out walk of my life.   Love Will. 

Photo by Holly Mandarich on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment