Thursday, May 26, 2022

Learn the Linguistics!!!

Event: The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost


S - Scripture
Acts 2 v. 6 And at the sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each of them heard them speaking in his own language.

O - Observation
Linguistics. Speaking in someone else's language. It doesn't necessarily mean we have to learn another language of a different country to witness to others. I think of working with the youth. Sure, they speak English, but they do have their own language. Paul's comment in Corinthians gives us a great example to follow.  1 Corinthians 9 v. 20a, 21a, 22, "To the Jew, I became a Jew... To those outside of the law, I became as one outside the law, not being without law towards God, but under the law of Christ... To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." Speaking a person's "language" is a key step in sharing the Great news of Jesus.

A - Application
How's my linguistics? Am I learning the “languages” around me?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to become all things to all men so that I may save some.  Love Will






Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment