Thursday, May 5, 2022

The collective whole is greater than the parts

S - Scripture
Proverbs 30 v. 24-26  Four things on earth are small, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet the provide food in the summer, the badgers are a people not mighty, yet they make their home in the rocks.

O - Observation
We the people. Today, I'm looking at the 1st two of the four things. Both of these are about the people. Both of these examples talk about how the collective whole take care of each other. How the collective whole is greater than the piece parts. One thing stands out to me about these people (ants, badgers), they all have a common motive, driver point. We as Christians do as well. Jesus tells us in Matthew 28 v. 19-20, "go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."
 
A - Application
Am I in alignment with the purpose God gave me? Am I part of the people or an independent?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Bind me with other people that have a passion for your mission. Love Will.







Photo by Randy Fath on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment