Friday, January 6, 2023

Realize and understand your destiny!

Event: Paul Journeys to Jerusalem S – Scripture
Acts 21 v. 13 Then Paul answered, " What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

O – Observation
Holding fast to one's destiny. Paul did not waiver even though he knew he was going to face imprisonment and death. He could have worked to find a way out of this or try to avoid it. But instead he stood the course. Perhaps he knew what happened to Jonah when he tried to avoid doing God's plan for him. (God ultimately  got Jonah to Nineveh, just took a little sightseeing detour along the way!!) So it holds for us. We know that we will all die. We know that God puts us in various stations in life. Paul states in Philippians 4 v. 11b, "For I have learned, in whatever state I am to be content." Remember our destiny is to live forever with Jesus.
 
A - Application
Do I realize and understand my destiny?
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to hold fast to my destiny in you.    Love Will.

Photo by Danica Tanjutco on Unsplash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment