Thursday, September 3, 2020

Be content with your station in life

S - Scripture     

Matthew 20 v. 13  But he replied to one of them, "Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for a denarius?"

 

O - Observation    

Station. This is towards the end of the Laborer's parable. This is the householders statement to the workers who worked all day and got the same pay as those that didn't. Although this parable concludes with, "The last shall be first and the first last (v.16), it also points to an important trait as well. Contentment. In life, our experiences are not equal. We all have different stations in our lives. Different levels of wealth. Different levels of friends. Different levels of smarts.  But, remember God created us uniquely. Psalm 139 v. 13,16 "Thou didst knit me together in my mothers womb" and "in thy book were written, the days that were formed for me." All this makes me want to think and live Philippians 4 v.11, "I have learned in whatever state I'm in, to be content.”

 

A - Application  

Am I content with my station in life?        

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to live vigorously in the station of life that you have given me. Love Will.  

Photo by Jordan Rowland on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment