Sunday, September 13, 2020

Be fruitful in your life!


S - Scripture     

Matthew  21 v. 19  And seeing a fig tree by the wayside he went to it, and found nothing on it but leaves only. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once.  

 

O - Observation    

Fruitful? I think Jesus did this to the fig tree to show his relationship to us. He wants us all to be fruitful. John 15 v. 5-6, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he is that bears much fruit.... If a man does not abide in me is cast forth as a branch and withers." How do we get fruitful? By being in God's word. By praying. By living your faith. What are the joys of being fruitful? John 15 v. 11 "That my joy may be in you and that your joy may be FULL." That promise, which by the way, God is true to all his promises, is "golden".  Being a Christian is awesome!!!

 

A - Application  

Am I being fruitful? Am I digesting the fertilizer of God's word on a daily basis?       

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Fill me with your joy. Help me to bear much fruit. Love Will.  

Photo by Yann Jacobsen on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment