Monday, September 7, 2020

Focus on Others

S - Scripture     

Matthew  20 v. 26.  It shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant.    

 

O - Observation    

The Greatest!!! This is God's way of greatness. Serving others. Jesus says this is his 2nd Greatest commandment in Matthew 23 v. 30, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  Which means quit focusing on yourself and instead focus on those around you. Think about God's love for us. The ultimate servant, he sacrificed all for us. He loves us unconditionally. 1 John 4 v. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also aught to love one another.  A great way to show love is through words.  In 1 Thessalonians 5 v. 11, God gives us some instructions, " Therefore encourage one another and build one another up.”

 

A - Application  

Am I a servant? Am I able to forsake my selfish pride to be Great in God's eyes? Am I encouraging others?        

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to leave my pride behind and instead focus on others. Love Will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment