Friday, September 25, 2020

Check your motivation on the things you do

S - Scripture     

Matthew  23 v. 17  You blind fools! For which is greater, the Gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred?

 

O - Observation 

Critical Error. In this verse, Jesus is rather plainly telling the scribes and Pharisees, who were swearing on the Gold of the Temple itself, that they missed the mark.  Their eyes are focused on bright shiny things vs. the very thing that the Gold was for. Seems kind of dumb, doesn't it? Those guys must of been blind. But wait, the danger is still there. Especially for those that do God's will. We need to fight the sinful desire of thinking how great we are. Look at all that I do for Jesus. Which is greater, my act of love for Jesus, or Jesus himself? It always must be about Jesus. John the Baptist sums it up quite well!!! He must increase, I must decrease. 

   

A - Application  

What is my motivation for the things I do for Jesus?        

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to always recognize which is greater - You. Love Will.  

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment