Tuesday, September 15, 2020

You got to let it go!

S - Scripture     

Matthew  21 v. 46  But when they (the chief priests) tried to arrest him, they feared the multitudes, because they held him to be a prophet.

 

O - Observation    

Release. That's what this verse tells me about the chief priests and really myself. The chief priests, knew deep down inside, that Jesus was indeed special, after all they have heard of his miracles, been astonished at his teachings and grasp of God's word. But, it is their own selfish pride, there own personal agenda, their own status in life that prevented them from recognizing Jesus as God. They needed to RELEASE those shackles, those ties to self. John the Baptist, truly inspired by God has a great LIFE STATEMENT. John 3 v. 30.  He (Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease. We must let go and let God.

 


A - Application  

Am I letting Go? Is my self pride, selfishness preventing me from seeing and experiencing the full goodness of God?       

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to let go. Bless me.  Love Will.  

Photo by Ankush Minda on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment