Thursday, November 18, 2021

Choose the Right Shield for your Life

S - Scripture   

Proverbs 11 v. 4 Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.

 

O - Observation

Shield. This verse is really about shields. What's the shield in your life? Is it riches? Is it position or power? Is it knowledge? Is it Jesus Christ? This proverb speaks to the truth as stated by Jesus in Matthew 24 v. 35, "Heaven and Earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." When the time comes, riches, position, power and worldly knowledge will be gone. What will be left standing is those with Godly knowledge. Those with the Shield of Faith.  Ephesians 6 v. 16; "besides all these, taking the shield of faith, which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one." This shield provides maximum assurance that all will be OK, because this shield is impervious to any attack. Psalm 28 v. 7a, "The Lord is my strength and my Shield, in him my heart trusts."

 


A - Application 

What shield am I choosing to use in my life? 

 

P - Prayer    

Jesus, Help me to select your shield, teach me how to use it. Love Will.

Photo by Pawel Czerwinski on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment