Saturday, November 13, 2021

Manage your biggest muscle!

S - Scripture    
Proverbs
  10 v. 19-20 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is prudent. The tongue of the righteous is choice silver, the mind of the wicked is of little worth.


O - Observation

Your most powerful muscle - the tongue. So strong, but so dangerous. James 3 v. 5 says it all. "So the tongue is a little member and boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire." And.. James 1 v. 26, "If anyone thinks he's religious, and does not bridle his tongue, but deceives he heart, this man's religion is in vain." The tongue, my words can be extremely dangerous. Not only to those around me, but to myself. The tongue can be boastful, it can be prideful. How do you control or train your tongue? Shift your focus. 2 Corinthians 10 v. 17, "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord." And... 2 Corinthians 11 v. 30, "If I must boast, I will boast of things that show my weakness."



A - Application  

Am I aware of the strength of my tongue? What am I boasting about?    


P - Prayer     
Jesus,
  Help me to train and exercise my tongue for your glory.  Love Will. 

Image by cocoparisienne from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment