Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Choose the Right things to Profit on

S - Scripture    
Proverbs
 10 v. 1-2  A wise son makes a glad Father, but a foolish son is a sorrow to his mother. Treasures gained by wickedness do not profit, but righteousness delivers from death.


O - Observation

The real profit. Is interesting to note the differences in profits. Wicked get treasures, righteous life.  Jesus says in Matthew 16 v. 24, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life?" The wicked, those that do not believe in God, may have some short term treasures. But, you can't take it with you. The righteous will get long term benefit, eternal life. So... determining which treasure, which profit to purse will make a glad father. 3 John 1 v. 4, "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth."

 

A - Application  

Am I making my Earthly and Heavenly Father joyful?  


P - Prayer     

Jesus, Instill in me a passion to make you joyful. Help me to put my profit in things that are eternal. Love Will. 

Photo by Alexander Mils on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment