Saturday, November 20, 2021

Choose the right thing to train on

S - Scripture  

Proverbs 11 v.  22  Like a gold ring in a swine's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.

 

O - Observation

What's in the package? I love this verse. It's really applicable to both sexes. What value is something if the outside is nice but the inside is yucky? Or.. Why would you put something of value on an animal that will roll around in the mud? What value is our looks (those that have them) if the inside is crummy? It’s interesting today there is so much emphasis on physical beauty. Keeping your body in shape, looking good. God gives us some great instruction regarding this in 1 Timothy 4 v. 7b-8; "Train yourself in godliness, for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and for the life to come."

 


A - Application

What is my training regime? Am I training? Am I training in Godliness?

 

P - Prayer   

Jesus,  Be my trainer and inspiration. Encourage me to do both trainings, both physical and spiritual.  Love Will.

Photo by Bruno Nascimento on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment