Friday, November 19, 2021

Have a long term vision

S - Scripture   
Proverbs 11 v. 7-8  When the wicked dies, his hope perishes, and the expectations of the godless come to naught. The righteous is delivered from trouble, and the wicked gets into it instead. 


O - Observation

Short term or long term vision. That's what this verse is all about. Job 7 v. 7a, "Remember that my life is a breath." or Psalm 37 1b -3, " Be not envious of wrong doers! For they will soon fade like the grass, and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good so that you will dwell in the Lord and enjoy security." It is true, you can't take it with you. All your money (given to someone else), all your honor (on a tombstone or mentioned among the living), your status (umm... your dead), NONE of that you can take with you. The only real thing that you can take with you is your relationship with Jesus. He is the key to our long term lives.


A - Application 
What is my investment? Where am I spending my time? For the short term or the long term?  

P - Prayer    
Jesus, Thanks for being my God and my Savior. Help me to keep focus on eternal things. Love Will.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment