Saturday, June 20, 2020

Father’s Day 

Guest Blogger: Gary Riedel

Scripture (AMP Bible)
Ephesians 6:4, Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger (do not exasperate them to the point of resentment with demands that are trivial or unreasonable, or humiliating or abusive; nor by showing favoritism or indifference to any of them), but bring them up tenderly, with loving kindness, in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Observation: In other words bring up your children the way you would have liked to be brought up. I remember when I reached the point of loving my father so much that I didn’t want to disappoint him or my mother. That’s when everything starts working a lot smoother in the family. 

The last portion is very important, “bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” We as fathers, parents, need to pass to the next generation all that Jesus means to us. That is our most sacred duty as parents, to insure that our children know the way to eternal life through Jesus!

Application: My children are grown, but I can still set the examples of Jesus first. I can also use my influence on my grandchildren and on those I see in Sunday School. As long as I have breath it is never too late to testify about Jesus!

Prayer:Heavenly Father, Please help me to be wise in sharing the good news of Jesus with all around me, especially the little ones. For You said in Luke 18:16, “for of such is the Kingdom of God.” Lord, especially today we pray for fathers, May Your Spirit give them wisdom for this most important task. In Jesus Name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment