Saturday, June 27, 2020

Seek After What?

Seek After What?
Guest Post by Gary Riedel

Scripture:
Matthew 6:31-33 Therefore do not be anxious, saying what shall we eat? Or what shall we drink? Or what shall we wear? For the Gentiles seek after these things and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

Observation: 
These are the words of Jesus and He doesn’t want us to be anxious, or busy about the things of this world, not even food or drink? What do you mean, I’m the worlds worst about not wanting to miss a meal! Carol often says, “I know he’ll be home in time to eat!” What Jesus is saying here is that our Father, GOD, is the source of everything, whether it is food, 
drink, clothes, or the most important of all, Salvation through Jesus!

Application: 
I shouldn’t worry about even necessities in life, but rather I should spend my time seeking after Him. And then in full surrender, trust God to provide the opportunities I need to provide for my family.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, please allow your Spirit to work such a faith in me that I will be busy seeking after You!
Amen, Gary R

No comments:

Post a Comment