Thursday, June 18, 2020

God knows the order of importance

S - Scripture     
Matthew  9 v. 5  For which is easier to say, "Your sins are forgiven" or to say, "Rise and walk"?

O - Observation        
Jesus made this comment to some scribes when he came to a paralytic and forgave his sins. The scribes thought
he was blaspheming. As I think about this statement it would seem to me it would be easier to say your sins are forgiven, only because I have not witnessed any miracle cures. It just seems easier to say. However, I have this feeling we have no true concept of what the punishment is for our sins and how hard it is to forgive them. (Jesus dying on the cross in our place.) Thus Jesus chose the forgiveness of sins first, then the physical healing. His order is clear, Eternal life first, temporary life second. 
  
A - Application        
Do I really believe that God has forgiven my sins?     

P  - Prayer     
Jesus, Thank you for forgiving my sins and healing me. Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment