Sunday, June 14, 2020

Your Vocation is God Pleasing

S - Scripture     
Matthew  8 v. 8 But the Centurion answered him, "Lord I'm not worthy to  have you come under my roof; but only say the word and my servant will be healed."  

O - Observation      
Knowing your vocation, is really knowing about the Lord, if you mix it with Faith. In this case, the centurion, one
that had 100 soldiers under him, knew the power of his words, since he was captain, or leader, to make things happen without physically doing it.  So it held true for Jesus.  We can learn a lot from the centurion. The garbage man picks up trash. Jesus removes our trash. Journalist investigate for the truth. Jesus is the truth and the way. Ultrasound people diagnose disease to help heal people. Jesus is the great Physician. Businessmen are steward of money. So it is with the stewardship of God's gifts.    

A - Application      
Have I considered what I do in life is intertwined with God's works?

P  - Prayer     
Jesus,  Thanks for the daily reminder of how special you are. Help me to do my Job for the Glory of you. Love Will.

Image by Tumisu from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment