Sunday, June 14, 2020

Love One Another

Guest Blog
by Gary Riedel

Scripture: John 13:34, 35 “This new commandment I give to you; that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love  for one another.”

Observation: This is the original and only social justice statement that makes sense. Jesus said it all! He didn’t quit with the simple statement that we should love one another, but He gave us a bar, love as He loves us. How much is that? So much that He gave His life for us! John 15:13. He says no one can have greater love than this. It’s not a self-serving love but a totally unselfish giving love, that puts others above self. Jesus finishes this statement by saying; “By this shall all men know you are my disciples.” We give witness to Him when we love others as Jesus loved us. Oh how our country and world needs to see and feel
the love of Jesus today!!! 

Application: Am I living like a disciple for Jesus in my life?
Am I helping to solve the problem by words and actions?
As disciples of Jesus we all need His Holy Spirit to help us to show full time love to one another!

Prayer: Holy Father, God of all, please help me to always and forever live as your disciple, always loving others even as You have loved me! Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment