Sunday, December 13, 2020

Humble yourself to Jesus

S – Scripture

Mark 5 v. 24  And he went with him.

 

O – Observation

In the verse before, Jarius, a ruler of the synagogue, which was a very high status position, came to Jesus and fell at his feet begging Jesus to help his daughter. Think about that, a high ranking man, a position of status, came and threw himself at the feet of Jesus. All the more impressive was that this was 1) in front of a crowd, 2) the fact that the synagogue rulers were helping and plotting against Jesus. So in this act, he exposed his position. But, my favorite part, God’s classic If/Then statement, “IF you humble yourself to him, THEN he will go with you." Wow!!!


 

A – Application

Am I humbling myself, giving myself to Jesus?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to give myself to you. Come with me on my life’s journey. Love Will

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment