Wednesday, December 2, 2020

What's your nickname?

S – Scripture

Mark 3 v. 14a,16,17 And he appointed twelve to be with him. Simon who he surnamed Peter, James and John who he surnamed Boanerges, that is Sons of Thunder.

 

O – Observation

Its interesting to note, of the twelve disciples, only three of them did Jesus give a nickname. I think about the groups I’ve been in, sports team, circle of friends, how does one get a nickname? Usually its because you stand out, have a trait, or an action that you have done that is memorable. Having a nickname is an identifier of a person.

 


A – Application

I wonder, does God have a surname (Nickname) for me?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to be super close to you. Let my actions for you cause you to have a good nickname for me. Love Will.


Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment