Friday, December 25, 2020

Place your heart over your traditions

S – Scripture

Mark 7 v. 5 And the Pharisees and scribe asked him, “Why do your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with hands defiled?”

 


O – Observation

In the previous verses, the Bible explained the various tradition’s that the Pharisees and scribes lived by. Interesting to note, they mention Tradition vs. God’s law. Otherwise they would of stated, “God’s Law.” Makes me think about all the various Traditions that the Churches have. Catholics have a ton of them, even us Missouri –Synod guys have traditions, However, I think it is important to note, just as Jesus did with his disciple, it is true with us. He wants our Hearts, not our Traditions.

 

A – Application

Am I giving my Heart to Jesus? Am I letting tradition run my life?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, I give you my Heart. I love you. Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment