Saturday, February 27, 2021

Bearing Fruit

 

Bearing Fruit

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel

S - SCRIPTURE: 
John 15:8 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me, you can do nothing.




O - OBSERVATION: 
These are the words of Jesus spoken to His disciples during a very fast paced time in scripture. Jesus had exposed His betrayer, given the new commandment John 13:34, told them in John 14:6 “That He was the way, the truth, and the life, the only way to the Father”! Further into John 14 He promised the Holy Spirit and then in chapter 15, this precious nugget of truth about BEARING FRUIT. There is only one way to BEAR FRUIT in God’s Kingdom, and that is being intimately attached to Jesus! He is the vine; can the branches live without the vine? NO!! Therefore a relationship with Jesus is critical for us to BEAR FRUIT!

A - APPLICATION: 
The short way to say this is; if I wish to stay out of the fire where non producing branches perish, I must remain in Him. But it’s not all me, God gives His Spirit, His mercy during my many times of falling short, His grace in my weakness, and His forgiveness over and over when I repent of my sins!  Lamentations 3:22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning! God wants me to remain in Jesus and He helps me do it! He created His people to BEAR FRUIT!

P - PRAYER: 
Gracious Father, thank you for sending Jesus to be our vine, for attaching us to Him that we might BEAR FRUIT, May it always be so with us until You call us home! In Jesus Name, Amen

Photo by summertrain on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment